Is Your Business Broadband Cutting It?
With all of the terminology and excitement surrounding business broadband and how it fuels business growth, we wanted to give you a simple checklist of what business broadband could be doing for your business.
One of the major themes for the past few years has been Cloud and with superfast fibre broadband, it’s set to dominate business transformations for a good while yet.
We’ve produced lots of more detailed blogs on this recently but here’s your checklist. Take a look and see if you’re missing something that could really ramp up your business by changing the way you do things.
So whether you’re on ADSL, ADSL 2+, EFM, MBF, FTTC or Leased Line, here’s what the best connectivity is already doing for businesses throughout the UK.
Hint: It’s all about effectiveness and productivity
Be effective everywhere
For some businesses, it’s handy to be able to work from different locations. For others, it’s absolutely essential. If you have a team regularly out of the office or on site with clients, mobile working is crucial. It’s facilitated by a connection big enough to keep the data moving, Cloud applications that will let you use the data well and devices that will transform the effectiveness of every working minute.
- Access documents on the server from wherever you are
- Sync everything across all of your devices
- Access your diary from wherever you are
- Work on documents on one device then revisit them later on another
Whether it’s a network in the office or a Cloud app to share into, teams are transformed with centralized and live systems.
- Smart sharing systems for schedules, project management, files, tracking
- Work more smoothly in meetings and presentations with fast access to materials and easy sharing
Be Money Smart
Microsoft Skype for Business is a great example of an app making use of broadband to save call costs. That’s a ripple in the water compared to how Cloud and VoIP can save you money.
- Save money on fixed IT hardware and upgrade costs
- Save money across multiple business sites with VoIP
- Use digital technology to your operational advantage
- Have scalability where possible to match the needs of your business
With a wider, faster connection, data can move fast. That makes everything more effective and streamlined. Companies carrying the weight of cumbersome, labour intensive processes don’t get to the finish line first.
- Embrace genius business applications as they become available
- Be more informed with better intelligence and reporting
- Create systems and processes that will delight every customer
The 4P’s of successful business are Product, People, Place and Promotion. The Internet has made the world a much, much smaller place. You can have the best people and the best product, but unless you promote your business well on it, your place will stay small.
- Break down location barriers
- Use digital technology to your marketing advantage
Be More Secure
The Internet can feel like a great, unfathomable expanse and we hear of data leaks in the news from time to time. But the reality for most businesses is that better systems, processes, connectivity and, for some, Cloud Computing have made their businesses far more secure.
- Offsite backup of all business data
- Keep your network and data as secure as possible relative to the nature of your business
It comes down to this. Do you want your business to grow?
Business commentators used to say that the Internet was changing everything. It did. And now Cloud is having its turn in the limelight.
Whatever your connectivity, make sure you’re getting what you pay for and then decide if it’s enough based on what’s available, your ambition and your market.
If you don’t think your business broadband is cutting it, we can provide a full audit on your current connection
- FTP Speed Test
- Ping response time
- Packet loss
- Report on line length & quality
- Audit hardware & Wi-Fi coverage
All to ensure Cloud and VoIP readiness to help you get moving again.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll give you client examples of broadband changing the way they work and how it’s helping them to grow.
But for now, why not let us perform a quick audit on your business broadband connection? Scroll down to fill out our short audit form and we’ll come back to you with an honest audit of your current broadband set up.