Why is my home broadband faster than my office broadband?
Research has shown that 45% of all broadband users both of domestic and professional use feel that their home network speed is much faster.
In most areas, our ADSL Broadband provides faster upload and download speeds, usually up to 5 times faster than standard broadband from other providers
Top 5 things that can affect your broadband speed
- The length, and quality, of line between your OFFICE and the exchange.
- Wireless routers, or multiple machines; using a wireless connection can seriously slow your broadband speed, while multiple connections will share the same line, slowing performance for each.
- The time of day; peak times can slow speeds, especially if your provider has a lot of users locally.
- The quality of phone extension plus the speed of your PC or laptop; a slow running machine or old/shoddy wiring can affect performance.
- Traffic ‘shaping’, or management; when a provider slows your connection because it prefers one kind of traffic over another (for example, streaming video over downloading), or is punishing you for excessive use (such as downloading too many large files).
Connectivity, Fibre to the cabinet?
Just as importantly, Abica ADSL Broadband is future proofed in a way that no other provider can or will offer. If you buy our ADSL Broadband, we will upgrade you to the new superfast FTTC as soon as it becomes available in your area. FTTC is the next generation of ultra fast data connection that businesses will need to cope with additional data volumes that are fast becoming necessary in business.