Samsung Galaxy S3
Welcome the New Samsung Galaxy S III
Inspired by a pebble, the new design is nice and rounded. Available in blue and white, the handset has a brushed metal effect.
Here is what has been said about it:
- Storage: Free 50GB dropbox account you can store content on the cloud and access it seamlessly on your phone, work PC, home computer and tablet.
- Smart Stay: The phone knows if you’re using the front-facing video camera to make calls, so the screen won’t dim. When your eyes aren’t focused on the phone anymore, the screen dims.
- Direct Call: Auto-dials a contact if you have their contact details or a message open and you move the phone to your ear.
- S Voice: A Siri-like voice recognition feature that you can use to enquire about the weather; take a photo and other tasks such as locking the phone, or controlling music. Each demand can be configured by the user.
- Social Tag: Links photos of friends in your photo gallery to their Facebook or Google+ accounts, using facial recognition.
- S Beam: Pairs your phone with other Galaxy S III phones (and only them, for now) via NFC, shares photos, videos, files or even albums of media over Wi-Fi. If your friend’s S III doesn’t have Wi-Fi enabled, S Beam will automatically turn that user’s Wi-Fi on, and then off.
- AllShare Cast: Pairs your phone to TVs, laptops or tablets over Wi-Fi, mirroring whatever’s on the S III. You can also use the S III as a game controller
- PopUp Play: Pops a video out of the player, rendering it in a small thumbnail so you can continue watching while surfing the web or doing other functions on the phone. The thumbnail is movable around the display
- Camera features: S3 has several brand new photography features, including Burst Shot/Best Photo, which takes 20 shots in quick succession (six photos per second), and then recommends the best photo (using algorithms to determine which has the best light, and which has all eyes open, for example). You can of course override the phone’s choice, if you prefer those shots where your subject is staring blankly outside the frame. Tune in later for our S3 photography review with full feature details.
Pre-order yours here – available on the 29th May