Fibre to the Cabinet
Most people are aware of the importance of high speed communications and its impact on the growth of your business. Abica is now recognised as the fastest growing fibre network provider in Glasgow. We can provide fibre optic leased line Internet circuits direct to your business premises. We help businesses in Glasgow to connect at speeds of up to 1Gb/sec.
“ Be prepared for the future – fibre broadband enables businesses to cope with the constantly rising volumes of video and content.”
What is Fibre to the Cabinet?
Also known as Superfast fibre broadband, Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) is the next generation of broadband services. It uses fibre optic cables to provide much higher speeds, both in upload and download. Businesses who can envisage the benefits of Cloud Computing and Cloud Telephony can now really benefit from the cost savings and flexibility of this channel of communicating. The nature of the Cloud also allows for extensive storage for data and greater collaboration. FTTC is the ideal solution for small to medium sized businesses that require this fast connection but do not have the resources for leased lines or dedicated circuits.
- Extremely fast upload and download speeds even when several users are on the same connection.
- Enjoy higher quality voice and video calls over the internet with extremely fast business grade next generation connectivity.
- Send and receive large files with ease and without clogging up your network.
- Higher capacity for rich media, large complex files and online business processes.
- Embrace more cloud computing resources, reducing hardware and software capital expenditure.
- In-house voice and data networks can be integrated, enabling improved information sharing and better customer service.
- A fraction of the cost of a dedicated leased line.
Why is FTTC Faster:
- Distance from the cabinet and contention of service.
- FTTC uses fibre optic cable rather than copper from the local telephone exchange to connect to the nearest street side cabinet which serves your property. Fibre optic provides an extremely faster response time, unlike the traditional copper cables.
- The existing street cabinets have been upgraded to include microprocessor based technology to convert the fibre connection back to copper for the final part of the connection to your premises.
- FTTC speed is determined by the length and quality of the copper cable between your telephone socket and its associated street cabinet – the closer you are to the cabinet, the
faster your connection will be.
fibre is the future
Goodbye ISDN hello Sip.
Provide your entire company access to The Cloud (CRM, Microsoft Exchange, Hosted File Server, Video Conferencing)
Supercharge to the web and empower your team.
Call one of our team if you would like to know more.